Kimberly Hart-Simpson from Coronation Street has joined the cast of Brassic in preparation for the show’s upcoming fifth season.
In the Sky Max comedy series, which follows the struggles of lead character Vinny O’Neill and his friends in the made-up town of Hawley, the actress who played Nicky Wheatley on the ITV soap will play a role named Andrea.
Kimberly will act alongside Michelle Keegan, who starred in the Sky original and is cobbles royalty, and Tina McIntyre.
The Hollyoaks actress posted a photo of herself outside a trailer labeled “Andrea” on social media to announce her Brassic casting.
Next up: Brassic – Season 5 – Andrea,” she wrote alongside the image on Instagram. Hey ladies.
Cast members from Kimberly’s Corrie episode were quick to comment, with Max Turner’s Paddy Bever writing: “There she is. so proud x’, while Mollie Gallagher, who starred in Nina Lucas, wrote: ‘AMAZING.
Daisy Midgeley actor Charlotte Jordan exclaimed, “Yay yay yay,” and Tanisha Grey, who plays Asha Alahan, added, “Ahhhh!!! Ever so pleased.
Over the past two years, Kimberly has intermittently played Nicky in Coronation Street.
After Sinead Tinker’s (Katie McGlynn) passing, Nicky made friends with Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard), and she later came back to the cobbles in an attempt to fulfill her dream of becoming a teacher.
Things didn’t exactly work out, and after being rejected by Daniel, she left the street named after it.
She made one last appearance earlier this year when Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne), who had arrested her, drove her home from the police station.
- ITV Emmerdale airs sad exits as two characters quit village and fans all say same thing
- Emmerdale’s Mackenzie Boyd hits rock bottom as Chloe Harris seeks ultimate revenge
- Emmerdale couple rocked by pregnancy and it ‘won’t be happy news’ teases boss
- Coronation Street grooming horror as Lauren Bolton puts herself in danger with mystery man
- Emmerdale tragedy as Kim Tate to ‘kill again’ after fans ‘work out’ next victim