A former Neighbours star has revealed an unexpected truth about her time spent on soap operas.
In an interview with Yahoo on Tuesday, fan favorite Matt Wilson from Ramsay Street admitted: “I’ll probably get shot for saying this, but I’m not a big fan of soap operas.”
Fans may be surprised by the admission given that the 34-year-old portrayed Aaron Brennan on Neighbours from 2015 until the show’s cancellation earlier this year.
He continued with a chuckle, “I just think there’s too much drama.”
You have so much going on in a single day; you cry, you scream, and so on. It’s really dramatic.
Even though he grew up watching the Channel Seven soap, Matt also said he won’t be joining the cast of Home and Away anytime soon.
Aaron is eagerly anticipating the birth of his second child while looking for new acting opportunities.
His wife Jessica and him got married in 2019; they had their first child in February of that same year.
Matt highlighted his new position as a partner of the Australian organization dedicated to the protection of wildlife in other conversations.
My Backyard, an interactive tool recently released by the WWF, directs users to learn more about nearby species that are endangered.
Things start to happen, he said, “once everyone can express their desire to protect the planet.”
When Matt’s character Aaron wed Takaya Honda’s David Tanaka in Neighbours, the union marked the first same-sex union on Australian television.
On the show, the couples got married in 2018, a year after gay marriage became legal in Australia in 2017.
- ITV Emmerdale airs sad exits as two characters quit village and fans all say same thing
- Emmerdale’s Mackenzie Boyd hits rock bottom as Chloe Harris seeks ultimate revenge
- Emmerdale couple rocked by pregnancy and it ‘won’t be happy news’ teases boss
- Coronation Street grooming horror as Lauren Bolton puts herself in danger with mystery man
- Emmerdale tragedy as Kim Tate to ‘kill again’ after fans ‘work out’ next victim